RULES OF THE COMPETITION
1. This competition is organized by the Polish Harp Society in cooperation with the Polish Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.
2. The main goal of the competition is to enhance interest in chamber music and to give the duets chance to present their program and compare their achievements with the young musicians from different countries.
3. The competition is directed to pupils of elementary and high schools and to students up to age 26. In this duo competition the harp can play with any other instrument or voice. The age difference between the players cannot exceed two years, in students’ category three years.
4. The categories according to age:
● Category 1. – up to 13. years of age, performance duration 6-10’
● Category 2. – up to 16. years of age, performance duration 8-12
● Category 3. – up to 19. years of age, performance duration 12-17’
● Category 4. – up to 26. years of age, performance duration 15-20'
● Category 5. – competition of pieces composed after the year 2015 and never earlier performed, no longer than 10’ (for all age groups).
● the repertoire for Category 1. is of the competitor's choice
● the repertoire for Category 2 and 3 should include pieces (or movements) from different eras and at least one piece should be originally written for the two performing instruments
● the repertoire for Category 4 should include pieces (or movements) from different eras, including music from the 20th and 21st century – only one piece can be transcribed.
6. The auditions are public.
● 7.04. 2017 – auditions within category 4 and 3
● 8.04. 2017 – auditions within category 2 and 1
● 9.04. 2017 – auditions within category 5
7. Before the competition the letter from which in each category the playing will begin will be drawn in presence of the notary public. The order of the performance will be posted at www.duetswithharp.mozello.pl.
8. All the contestants will receive diplomas of attendance.
9. The Jury will be composed of 5 outstanding musicians and professors and will be confirmed by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage. Their decisions are final and irrevocable.
10. The organizers reserve the right to record the performances of the contestants.
● Grand Prix – PLN 2,000 for a duo,
● 1st prize PLN 1,000 for a duo, prizes 2nd and 3rd are not monetary.
All the winners will receive special diplomas.
● Other prizes: